Aug 14, 2011

Go Gaga! - Tribute to Lady Gaga

I am a walking piece of art every day, with my dreams and my ambitions forward at all times in an effort to inspire my fans to lead their life in that way.  - Lady Gaga
When it comes to outrageously fascinating celebrities and their fashion style, there is absolutely no one who makes me go more gaga than Lady Gaga, whom I grew to love since her first album.

She recently made another bold fashion statement at my all time reality TV addiction, So You Think You Can Dance (US), as one of the guest judges.
(Photo from MTV Style)

Dressed in bell-bottomed, dragon-printed suit, a massive bright red patent sailor cap, her teal wig, and a pair of 12 inches heel-less shoes, she definitely made herself the belle of the ball, grasping everyone’s attention on her and her alone (and of course, because her shoes made her a whole head taller than Nigel Lythgoe!).

A special mention must be given to her monstrous, gravity-defying stilettos, which she threw onto the stage to applaud one of the performances. These shoes were custom-made for Lady Gaga by a Tokyo-based 25-year-old designer, Noritaka Tatehana and we have seen Lady Gaga wearing his designs in so many events/posters.
 (Photo from MTV Style)
 (Photo from MTV Style)
  (Photo from Noritaka Tatehana Blog)
  (Photo from Noritaka Tatehana Blog)

But what amazed me more than what Lady Gaga wore is her sincerity to the dancers and showing her soft side in front of the camera. After a heart-wrenching  performance by dancer Marko and Allison to Jeff Buckley's "I Know It's Over", Lady Gaga was tearstained and I must say, never looked so beautiful before.
  (Photo from Washington Voices)


And here's the special performance Lady Gaga showcased on So You Think You Can Dance, featuring 2 songs (The Edge Of Glory & You And I) from her latest album, 'Born This Way'. They are absolutely amazing!


Anyway, here’s a quote that I feel describes Lady Gaga so well, and I hope it inspires all the girls out there to be brave in being unique and show who you really are through your fashion and action.

You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. - Jonathan Davis


Love,
Lulu

0 comments:

Post a Comment